Eating My Way Through Seville Part 2: Casa Tomate

I was hungry after watching an intense flamenco show at Tablao de Arenal. Seville is also flamenco capital so this is a must do!

On my way back to my hostel, I stopped by at Casa Tomate to get some much needed paella. Even though this restaurant is in a tourist hotspot, I gave it a try based on many positive reviews online. 

Casa Tomate's paella was not as good as Xiringuito Escriba or Tapas 24. It didn't even come out with a paella pan, but I needed some carbohydrates after munching on tapas only for the whole day. Despite my disappointment with the paella, I really enjoyed the sizzling gambas! I even videotaped it so you can see the sizzle of Spanish olive oil. I just wish you can also smell it too. The tender shrimps were infused with lots and lots of garlic. Mmmm...

Goat (?) cheese with caramelized onions. I can eat this all day as a snack.


The sizzling gambas. Watch the video and drool.

Casa Tomate doesn't specialize on paella.




You Might Also Like

0 comments