Fresh of the Press: The Foie Gras Ban

The California Foie Gras ban is looming with less than a month away from the July 1st set date. The foie gras has always been my go-to luxury food, especially since it feels like butter and meat fat melting in my mouth all at once. While California chefs are busy advertising foie gras on their menus for this month, I have compiled all my foie gras articles as an ode to the foies gras ban.

Food is a Luxury: Caviar, Foie Gras and Gold All-in-One
Best of Rio: Juice Co.
What are you eating this Halloween?
The Ferran Adria Experience Part 2
Post-Marathon Pig Out @ Bisou 

Despite the sad truth that the ducks are force fed in a tube to enlarge their liver (thus the fatty foie gras), other states can still serve this delicacy. Ironically, I have consumed this mostly outside of California- in Las Vegas, Barcelona, Manila and Rio de Janeiro just to name a few.

It comes in different forms, too. Aside from serving it as is, the best I've tried is foie gras souffle (served at Sage, Aria, Las Vegas)! Or take your pick from noodles/pasta, sushi or burger made out of duck liver.


foie gras with vinegarette

You Might Also Like

0 comments