On the Move @ Butcher, New Orleans

And then there was Butcher... as promised on my previous post about Cochon Restaurant. An offshoot to its larger sister restaurant, this cozy deli serves what a butcher should serve. Yes, that's right- MEAT! Be forewarned that if you are a non-meat eater, you might as well head over to Cochon. When I came here for brunch right after they opened at 10 am ready for a big meal, I was dismayed to find out that I could only order the duck pastrami slider, turkey sandwich and a few veggie side dishes.

Simple and Divine
I finally decided on the duck pastrami sliders since I heard this is one of the best on the menu. I was a bit shocked at first that it came out with a simple presentation on  triangular shaped white bread, but the cheese melted with the salty, tender duck pastrami was simply divine. The sweet potato hot sauce from Cochon also gave it a sweet, spicy kick. I devoured the entire plate in a matter of minutes and (successfully) tried to prevent myself from ordering another plate of sliders. Don't judge- I was that hungry!

Meat lovers would definitely fall in love with the Butcher, but for folks who are non-heavy meat eaters, head to Cochon. Or go to both just like what I did!


Uh-mazing duck pastrami

I balanced the duck meat with a side of coleslaw. Nothing special here but I really wanted to try more stuff on the menu.
.
The menu.

I wished I bought one of these hot sauces!

The deli filled with home cured meats and sausages.





You Might Also Like

0 comments