On the Move @ Izakaya Roku, San Francisco

I'm actually speechless with some of the small plates ordered at Izakaya Roku. I came in with low expectations but came out a very happy diner. I can definitely see myself coming back here soon for inexpensive, innovative Japanese tapas. Their specials are also written in mopit just like what I did when learning Chinese back in the heydays!  

One dish that caught my eye was the rice with green tea soup. It is a unique, healthy take to dense Japanese rice swimming in green tea topped with seaweed, salmon and wasabi. I can see myself making the same at home. My favorite was the Roku N Octopus- fried baby octopus in spicy sauce. Next in line is another fried food... fried chicken skin! It reminded me so much of Sunburst chicken skin in Cebu, but Roku's was just strips of chicken skin. Trying to make it healthier, perhaps? They were also able to pimp out a simple spinach salad with sesame dressing (?).

My favorite octopus


Strips of fried chicken skin

Devil's tofu with sesame. Not bad at all.

Yummy spinach salad.

Egg with cod roe. Tasted like oysters.

A unique blend of rice and green tea soup.

You Might Also Like

0 comments