Turkish Delight 4: Eating my Way in Turkey

I'd like to do what I do best while traveling... Eating! Since it is my first time in Turkey, I can't really make a list of top restaurants/where to eat since I didn't get a chance to eat at many many restaurants yet. But who knows maybe some day, I'll be back just for a gastronomy escapade :)

So what to eat in Turkey? In no particular order:
Shawarma- look at that fat dripping off the chicken shawarma. Street food at its finest!

pita bread

hummus for the pita bread

Turkish Pizza

I heard that they call this a lamp! Funny thing is that when I got mine with chicken, I hammered too hard so pieces of clay from the pot went inside my food. Eager beaver!

Lamb kebab- Turkey is all about lamb and beef. Because I ordered chicken, which was not up to par, I finally forced myself to try this lamb. It was very tasty like thai fish cakes. It actually looks like one, too.

Fish Soup- I made it a point to try a Fish Restaurant in Istanbul at Furreya Galata near Galata Tower.

Sea basssssss

The sea bass was definitely yummy @ Furreya Galata

Stuffed Squid- On every trip, I always choose one fine dining spot. The 360 restaurant in Istanbul atop an apartment building didn't disappoint.

Octopus- Succulent with Asian flavors plus a good view of Istanbul on top of 360 restaurant. 

Stuffed fish in vine leaves @ 360 Restaurant

Turkish burger with fries

Gota gulp all those calories down with fresh pomegranate juice!





You Might Also Like

0 comments