Sentiments: I want to be a Coconut Plantation Donya

Our family used to have a coconut plantation, but sadly just like in any family dramas, the land was later divided into the ownership of many family members, who later sold out.

I did once dream of being a donya in a coconut plantation because of the myriad of products that can be made using coconut, including water- now the IN thing according to WSJ. Despite the fact that I abhor non-fresh coco water because of its weird taste (I did grow up having coconut trees thus fresh coco water in our backyard), we can't deny the fact that the packaged coconut water is finally being noticed by American mass consumers.

There are so many health benefits of coco water- promoting a healthy urinary tract is one benefit I distinctly remember my grandma kept telling me why I should be drinking fresh coconut water every Sunday. She also allowed me to drink only during lunch time due to a (superstitious/Chinese?!?) belief of the hot/cold philosophy that I might get tummy ache if I drink coco water at night.

Products that can be made out of coconut:
- for skincare: lotion, shampoo, conditioner, hair oil
- for food: cooking oil, coco water, coco milk, desiccated coco, nata de coco, candy, ice cream, jam
- for retail: coco shells/bagol made into handbags, earrings, etc..

P.S. Yes, this is my Valentines post.
P.P.S. I grew up becoming really like my grandma :)

Coconut


You Might Also Like

0 comments