Food is a Luxury: The French Laundry, Yountville, Napa

If you are looking to plunk down more than $300 dollars for an unforgettable meal and spend the extra effort to get a reservation, then you know the French Laundry. Topping the list year over year as one of the top 3 restaurants in the world, this restaurant needs no introduction- the French Laundry in Napa California offers a penultimate gastronomic experience for those who have researched in great depth what they are getting themselves into and has catapulted the culinary careers of chefs who have trained under Thomas Keller.   

All I wish is that I had a better gear with me to record a historic 9-course meal moment. Nevermind that I was already sleepy when dinner started at 9:30 pm on a weekday, which was the only available spot I could find after perusing Opentable's reservation system for the past 2 months and making calls everyday to check on last-minute cancellations.
Some of my 9-course meal on March 2008

Now left on the checklist for luxurious food is to get on the waiting list of El Bulli in Spain (please oh please don't close down forever!!!) and the Fat Duck in the UK.

You Might Also Like

0 comments